Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Not A Sparrow Falls" by Linda Nichols

Finally, I have a book to review! I just finished reading "Not A Sparrow Falls" by Linda Nichols. The book is from Bethany House Publishers. They sent me a complimentary copy and I am reviewing the book and posting my review here as well as on Christianbook.com.

Mary Bridget, a girl in her mind twenties, is trapped in a life she wishes she could escape. She longs for her past and to be closer to God but that seems almost impossible. Alasdair is a widowed pastor in his early thirties, with three children. He feels the burdens of raising his children without his wife and his heavily scheduled ministry, and also a guilt he carries around with him.
These two lives will collide when Mary Bridget feels called to help Alasdair's troubled young daughter. After many secrets are exposed, Mary Bridget and Alasdair both find the forgiveness and redemption they are searching for.
I expected that I would enjoy this book and I did. I had a hard time putting it down. It was suspenseful and uplifting. There were a few other side stories that are connected to the main plot and those were very interesting as well. The author did a wonderful job of tying everything together and the ending was great. I am not usually one to read Prologues but I was glad I read this one. You will be quite confused after you read the Prologue and then go on to Chapter One, but by the end you will understand.
I highly recommend this book.


1 comment:

  1. Linked here from Courtney's blog. I look for book review sites b/c I have a book I like having reviewed. It is not fiction, but a collection of devotionals on Proverbs. You can see it on the upper right hand corner of my Family Fountain blog. Should you care to review it please let me know.

    ReplyDelete